Thursday, January 26, 2017

Reign Of The Blood King: Bluebell Ch 7 "Talks and Learning"

Reign Of The Blood King: Bluebell Ch 7 "Talks and Learning"
_________________________________________________________________________________



It's my fault.

I'm the reason Rain's gone. it's because of me. I wasn't strong enough, I couldn't even help. I should have helped mama and papa. maybe if I did they'd be here. they wouldn't be...

I have to get stronger. I won't let anyone else leave me. Mister David said that I can be stronger. he said that I can be really strong. he said, that one day I'll be strong enough to fight the Evil King.

He said the Evil King took Rain. that if I'm strong enough I can get him back. I'll work really hard so wait for me Rain, I'll save you.

                                                                           ***

"Miss Bluebell, Miss Forestwood, I have brought some tea." (Maid)

"oh? thank you" (Feya)

"Yes thank you Maid-san" (Bluebell)

as the maid puts down the cups Feya straightens her back and asked me.

"Bell, are you sure you want to do this? I mean if David wasn't a King he'd be an idiot. you don't have to do this you know." (Feya)

"If I didn't do this then what would happen to Rain." (Bluebell)

"he'll be fine I'm sure-" (Feya)

"Feya can you look me in the eyes and promise me he'll be ok?" (Bluebell)

with a dishearted face she shakes her head no. I smile as best I can and say

"Don't worry Feya, I'll be ok." (Bluebell)

tears start to well up in Feya's eyes, she wipes them and says

"Alright, but I'm going with you!" (Feya)

"Okay!" (Bluebell)
I say almost crying myself.
                                                                          ***

It's been almost a week since Rain disappeared, its weird not seeing him. no, I should focus on the task at hand. okay, Teacher was telling me the category system for mages. if I remember, it was something like this.

Magician - The lowest category a mage can be, people in this category can barely use even the most basic of spells.

Mage - The most common category of mages you'll see are this kind. they can use all basic spells but most of them have a higher compatible with certain elements. which allows them to excel in using magic of that element.

Arch-mage - It's very rare to see someone get to this category, most kingdoms would kill to get their hands on one. It's said that an Arch-mage can control the weather with a snap of their finger.

Vis-Mage - No human has ever reached this category before. So no one really knows just how strong someone in it is. but people believe that even the strongest Archmage couldn't do so much and scratch a Vis-mage.

each of the four categories has three ranks, the rank helps someone know how close or far they are from the next category.

Mortal - The lowest rank, people in this rank are a beginner or are just weak.

Adroit - the most widely seen, everyone in this rank is average. as long you were in the Mage category and had this rank you could defend yourself from most threats.

Earthbound - If someone reached this rank they are at the peek of the category they're in. they're either going to move to the next category soon or have reached the limit of the category they are in.

when calling someone's category and rank, you say the rank then their compatible with their element then you say their category. For example, if someone was of the Mage category had an Air compatible and was of the Adroit rank. you'd call them an [Adroit Air Mage]

my Teacher, named Mukaru is an [Earthbound Light/Dark Mage] now that I can use basic magic like 'Small Flame' or 'Reader Light'  she's having me take a basic test everyone takes. It's called a 'category growth' test.

"Now remember this is nothing to be afraid of, all you have to do is pour a little bit of your mana into this rock." (Mukaru)

she said with a smile. Mukaru is really strong, she said if I work hard I can be as strong as her. okay, I'll pour in some mana... slowly.

"now remember this test will only tell us how strong you're going to be in one year. so don't get your hopes up too high." (Mukaru)

"what would be a good result?" (bluebell)

"hmm... I think maybe an [Earthbound Magician] would be a pretty good result, no maybe that's a little too high. well, no matter what it is you'll get stronger then what this rock says. on the bright side even if you get a low score it tells you your compatible so you'll know what element that's for you." (Mukaru)

"oh! Okay!" (bluebell)

when I fill the small rock with my mana it starts to glow and float. then it exploded. I quickly look at Mukaru but she gave me a 'that's suppose to happen' look. then runes start forming from the piece of rocks. and they started to float. They then formed words.

"here it is" (Mukaru)

<BLUEBELL, YOUR POWER IN ONE YEARS TIME IS. [MORTAL UNIVERSE ARCHMAGE]>

"huh?" (Mukaru)

"ehh?" (bluebell)

_________________________________________________________________________________

author note: if your wondering Mukaru's name is a mix of the Japanese words for colorless and bright. you'll understand later why this is important.
_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment